Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My First Race!


Can you believe it????
ME............running a race.......
I was part of a marathon relay team. These are people that I work with at Children's Hospital. Everyone on the team except Maggie (far left), and myself were experienced runners. For Maggie and I this was our first, and we can't wait for the next one! I will admit I did have to walk part of the 5.8 miles because I have been sick for a few weeks (cough/congestion......very difficult to run when you have a coughing spasm after a few steps), but it was still fun and I will be better prepared for the next one. Other great news from this week.........My nephew, Sean, is back from his semester at sea. I didn't get to see him (I was at the race) but Joe and the girls went to watch the ship come in. They got to wave to him while he was on the boat, and he waved to them, but then they had to leave to get Savannah to Soccer practice. Well, that's all for now. Thanks for stopping.

1 comment:

JJDerek said...

that is awesome!!! you are the woman being able to run/walk 5.8 miles!!!!!! I can barely get 1 in on my treadmill!!!