Sunday, September 7, 2008

This weekend we did something I never thought I could do, never mind Savannah and Cassidy! We participated in the swim for life, an event that raises money for organizations in Provincetown. It is a 1.4 mile swim from long point to a beach across the harbor. Here is Cassidy getting ready at Papa's house.
Waiting for the swim to start.......we got these really cool swim caps when we registered. They write the swimmers number on the cap and on each persons arm for check in purposes - they want to make sure everyone is accounted for at the end of the swim.
Savannah is ready to start. Her and Christopher finished in just over an hour.
Here we all are after the swim........still standing up. Savannah , Cassidy (hiding), Christopher, and me!
Cassidy was cold.......so they made her come in on a Kayak. She made it more than half way though! What a great job. I thought she would be frightened because the water is so deep, but she did fine, not scared a bit. After she was brought in, I was left out in last place all by myself.......well, with the kayak and stand up paddle board people staying with me for safety. It was kind of peaceful floating around all by myself! Definitely something I am looking foward to doing again.
Here is a random picture for you. Jadzia likes to involve the dogs when she is playing. Althoug Buddy would rather be napping, he doesn't seem to mind having a blue skarf around his head.
We saw these turkeys crossing the road on the way home from the swim. I was taking Cassidy to see the house she will be staying in for a week this month with her classmates (seashore trip).

1 comment: